- Place your guitar in front of a quiet and contrasting background.
- Don't waste pixels. Get close or use the zoom. If you feel you're close enough get a little closer.
- Soft daylight is the best light you can have. Put your guitar outside or beneath a large window but avoid direct sunlight because it drops shadows. An overcast sky will give you the best light quality.
- It's always a good idea to aim some extra light towards the guitar by putting a large white surface (e.g. cardboard) in front or to the side of it.
- Only use the built-in camera flash if the natural light is stronger then the flash light.